Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Home Shopping Network

Good Evenin' Victory Seekers!

See, I'm back, and so soon too. I bet you thought it would be another 6 weeks before we met again, but I can't stay away, I like you too much for that. I'm like a cat, I just want to crawl up in your lap and have a little chat. Like this...

True story - I look like this first thing in the morning.

So I went home last night and began to Shop at Home.  Instead of buying a new advent calendar, I unpacked my xmas boxes and BEHOLD, an advent calendar all pretty and glittered and un-advented from last year (keeping myself from buying one this week is big... I am a bit of fan of any of the accutrements that Christmas brings... I also enjoy the thrill of opening little paper doors).


Then I sat and picked up my current project, of the crochet variety, and realized I need to add a base of a different color (neigh) to it and immediately thought of all the yarn I could purchase to make that happen. . . . But I stopped and instead went to my stash (also known as Michael's West) and VOILA- yarn, for "free," wot will do quite nicely.


VICTORY and Success!
This is what you get when you google success. See, the world ain't that bad.

So, I know I said I'd start in the bathroom. But aside from being in that first club I told you about last post, I'm also in this other one, I believe I've mentioned - the I'm Awesome at Plan B'ing club.

For that club we really were going to get t-shirts, but the line was really long, and it started to rain, so we went to a movie instead... and it was spectacular.

Last night we got our Christmas tree.  His name is Abe Vigoda.  To most of the world he's known as Frank Langella, but around the house he prefers Abe.

Fantastic character actor, and I can tell a lot about YOUR character whether
you recognize him from The Godfather or from Look Who's Talking.

Who am I to begrudge a tree?  Last year our tree's name was Henry, so we obviously have a showboater on our hands.

We will decorate darling Abe tonight. Ooo - I'm all a twitter.

Victory!

Jess




No comments:

Post a Comment